The competent agencies in Binh Duong Province transport people in direct contact with Covid-19 patients to centralized quarantine centers. The province has asked for the Ministry of Health’s help as the pandemic rages – PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – As the number of Covid-19 cases has exceeded 300, the government of the southern province of Binh Duong has asked for support from the Ministry of Health and the HCMC Pasteur Institute.
The pandemic has spread to many boarding houses, factories and industrial parks with a large number of workers. The province has been conducting large-scale tests for workers of industrial parks with a high risk of pandemic transmission, the local media reported.
The province has established facilities for Covid-19 treatment at the Binh Duong General Hospital and the medical centers of districts, towns and cities in the province with 1,000 beds.
However, medical workers in these facilities have to concurrently fulfill their normal duties and treat Covid-19 patients.
In addition, the province can conduct only 5,000 RT-PCR tests per day, failing to meet the demand.
Therefore, the authorities there proposed the Ministry of Health dispatch experts in epidemiological investigation and medical workers to support the testing and treatment work. In addition, the province is in need of test kits, coronavirus testing machines and protective equipment.
As of June 29, Binh Duong reported 326 locally-infected Covid-19 cases in the current outbreak, including many workers.
Among the 24 new cases recorded on June 29, many cases were linked to enterprises in the province, such as Houseware, Wanek, Hien Hoa Anh Ceramics and Sankyo.
The competent agencies have accelerated the tracing of those in close contact with the Covid-19 patients.
- Binh Duong to set up Covid-19 field hospital
- 375 workers in Bac Giang confirmed as positive for Covid-19 today
- Virus-hit southern provinces in dire need of vaccines: Deputy Minister
- Bac Ninh told to mull over quarantining F1 cases at home
- 55 new Covid-19 infections reported
- Bac Ninh considers piloting home quarantining F1 cases at home
- Health Ministry reports 130 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Dong Nai told to weigh allowing contacts of Covid-19 cases to self-isolate
- Six more factories in HCMC under lockdown