President Nguyen Xuan Phuc works with President of the Republic of Korea-Vietnam Friendship Association and Chairman of Panko Group, Choi Young-joo. (Photo: VOV)
NDO/VNA – State President Nguyen Xuan Phuc held an online meeting on June 30 with Choi Young-joo, President of the Republic of Korea-Vietnam Friendship Association and Chairman of Panko Group, who announced that Korean enterprises had raised US$1 million to support Vietnam’s fight against the COVID-19 pandemic.
Appreciating the donation, President Phuc said that Vietnam is well controlling the pandemic, and continues exerting extra efforts to soon drive back the pandemic, stabilise production and business, ensure the continuity of supply chains and ensure a safe environment for local people and investors.
Speaking highly of Vietnam’s success in the COVID-19 fight, Choi said he hopes the money donated this time will be sent to Ho Chi Minh City which is being hit hard by the pandemic.
He proposed the Vietnamese State leader maintain attention to boosting the Vietnam-RoK Strategic Partnership so as to facility the ROK’s investment in Vietnam.
He went on to say that Panko and several Korean investors are paying attention to the development of industrial parks, resort tourism, smart cities and commercial centres in Vietnam.
Welcoming Korean businesses’ interest in investing in science and technology, smart city, pharmaceutical industry, President Phuc said a favourable business investment environment, and a rapid increase in the middle class are good conditions for foreign investors to come to Vietnam.
The ROK is the largest foreign investor in Vietnam with 9,200 projects worth about US$72 billion. Trade between the two countries has also grown well and reached over US$66 billion last year.
He affirmed that Korean enterprises’ operations have contributed greatly to the development of the bilateral strategic partnership.
The Vietnamese leader showed his hope that the ROK-Vietnam Friendship Association continue mobilising resources to help Vietnam respond to the pandemic.
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc extends congratulations to start-up association
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc receives Cuban friendship officials
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc congratulates RoK President-elect
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc leaves for State visit to Cambodia
- Vietnamese South Korean Leaders Agree to Deepen Relations
- Friendship association provides aid for Cambodia to fight COVID-19
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc meets with Gen. Raul Castro Ruz
- Nguyen Xuan Phuc named State President
- Vietnam Laos Friendship Association offers more support to help Laos fight Covid 19