Aircraft operated by Vietnamese carriers are parked at an airport. The government of Nghe An Province yesterday sent an urgent dispatch to the Ministry of Transport, proposing suspending flights to and from Vinh airport in the province’s Vinh City starting from today, June 30 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The government of Nghe An Province yesterday sent an urgent dispatch to the Ministry of Transport, proposing suspending flights to and from Vinh airport in the province’s Vinh City starting from today, June 30, to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
According to the provincial government, the Vinh airport offers air services on nine domestic air routes daily, with flights to and from the popular destinations of HCMC, Buon Ma Thuot, Lien Khuong, Cam Ranh, Quy Nhon, Can Tho, Phu Quoc and Con Dao.
However, the pandemic has been raging in many parts of the country, including Nghe An and neighboring provinces, leading to a decline in flights to Vinh City. At present, the Vinh airport only operates one daily flight on the Vinh-HCMC route, with a small number of passengers.
Meanwhile, HCMC, Binh Duong and a number of southern provinces are facing a rapid spread of the coronavirus.
In Nghe An, 72 infections were reported as of the morning of June 27. Vinh City is undergoing social distancing starting from June 19 in line with the prime minister’s Directive 16.
Therefore, the provincial government sought approval from the Transport Ministry to suspend flights to/from the Vinh airport. Once the pandemic is brought under control, the provincial government will report to the ministry and seek permission to resume air services.
- Passengers traveling to Vinh airport must have negative Covid-19 test result
- Vietnam Airlines cancels flights due to bad weather
- Vietnam Airlines launch new domestic air routes
- Vietnam Airlines cancels 27 flights as tropical storm Sinlaku looms
- HCMC-Haiphong air services suspended amid Covid concern
- Carriers to add 400 daily flights to domestic network from March 28
- Domestic flights get close to full capacity
- Domestic flights to HCMC reduced due to Covid-19
- Quang Ninh, Gia Lai suspend air services to/from HCMC as Covid-19 spreads