Medical workers discuss treatment methods for Covid-19 patients. Two more female patients have died of Covid-19 - PHOTO: VGP
HCMC – The Ministry of Health on June 29 announced the 79th and 80th Covid-19 deaths in Vietnam, both elderly female patients with severe underlying illnesses.
This has taken the country’s Covid-19 death tally in the current outbreak to 45, the local media reported.
A 64-year-old woman in Tan Uyen District, Bac Giang Province, who was suffering from a cerebrovascular accident and polyarthritis, tested positive for Covid-19 on May 26.
On May 31, she was transferred to the Bac Giang Lung Hospital as she had difficulty breathing.
However, her condition worsened, so she was moved to the Intensive Care Center of the Bac Giang Psychiatric Hospital on June 12. She died on June 28 of severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, acute respiratory failure and septic shock.
The other deceased was an 85-year-old woman in Phu Nhuan District, HCMC. She was suffering from high blood pressure and type 2 diabetes.
She was diagnosed with severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19 and was hospitalized at the Cu Chi Covid-19 Treatment Hospital on June 7. She was then moved to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases on the same day after her condition worsened.
She died on June 28 of severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, respiratory failure and septic shock.
- Two Covid-19 patients in Bac Giang die aged over 80
- Two women die of Covid-19
- Two more deaths related to COVID-19 reported in Vietnam
- Health Ministry confirms 55 new Covid-19 infections, 40 recoveries
- COVID-19: Two patients die, death toll rises to 34
- Two more COVID-19-related deaths confirmed
- Man in HCMC’s District 8 dies of Covid-19
- Vietnam confirms 2 deaths because of covid-19 in HCMC this morning
- Two Covid-19-related deaths confirmed on Monday morning