Taking COVID-19 testing examples in Binh Hung commune, Binh Chanh district, Ho Chi Minh City. (Photo: MANH HAO)
NDO/VNA - Vietnam recorded 94 new COVID-19 infections, including 93 cases of community transmission and one imported, in the 12 hours to 6am on June 30, raising the tally to 16,507, the Ministry of Health said.
Among the new locally-infected cases, 62 are in Ho Chi Minh City, 21 in Phu Yen province, four in Nghe An province, three in Bac Giang province, and three in Binh Dinh province. Eighty-seven of them were found in quarantine sites or sealed-off areas.
The country has so far seen 1,790 imported cases and 14,717 others of community transmission. Of the 13,147 local cases reported since April 27, when the latest virus resurgence began, 3,990 have recovered.
Among those still under treatment, 284 have tested negative for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once, 121 others twice, and 84 thrice.
Meanwhile, the related fatalities now stand at 80, according to the Health Ministry.
Fourteen provinces have stayed free of COVID-19 for 14 straight days in this fourth outbreak, namely Yen Bai, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Tuyen Quang, Son La, Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa, Thai Nguyen, Bac Lieu, Dien Bien, Vinh Phuc, Hai Duong, Phu Tho, and Ha Nam.
- 33 new local COVID-19 infections recorded, all in quarantined, sealed-off areas
- Vietnam records 117 COVID-19 cases in six hours
- 112 new COVID-19 infections recorded on June 25 morning
- 63 more COVID-19 cases added to national tally
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon
- 40 out of 50 new Covid-19 infections found in HCMC
- COVID-19: 42 new cases raise national count to 13,989
- Vietnam detects 86 new COVID-19 cases in six hours
- Additional 88 domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases reported