Tam Ha Market in Thu Duc City suspends its operations from 12.00 p.m. today, June 29, to prevent the spread of Covid-19 - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - The authorities of Linh Dong Ward in HCMC’s Thu Duc City began suspending the operation of Tam Ha Market from 12.00 p.m. today, June 29, while part of Ba Chieu Market in Binh Thanh District was locked down this morning to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
Tran Dang Khoa, chairman of Ward 1 in Binh Thanh District, said that an area at Ba Chieu Market where fish is sold was put under lockdown after a positive Covid-19 case visited the site.
The vendors of the area had their samples taken for Covid-19 testing, while competent forces disinfected the site.
Meanwhile, Tam Ha Market on To Ngoc Van Street was suspended as there are no parking lots at the market and many people from several wards visit the market to buy goods, so keeping a safe physical distance is not ensured, said Nguyen Thi Thanh Loan, chairwoman of Linh Dong Ward.
The government of Linh Dong Ward asked the Tam Ha Market management board to inform vendors of the suspension, which is aimed at curbing the spread of Covid-19.
Earlier on June 28, Hoc Mon Wholesale Market in Hoc Mon District, one of the city’s three largest wholesale markets, was suspended for seven days, while some sections of Binh Dien Wholesale Market in District 8 were locked down for disinfection.
Several other traditional markets such as Son Ky in Tan Phu District, Hoang Hoa Tham and Pham Van Hai in Tan Binh District, Hoa Hung in District 10, Thai Binh and Dan Sinh in District 1, Nguyen Tri Phuong in District 10 and Pham The Hien in District 8 were temporarily closed down to curtail the spread of the virus.
As of this afternoon, HCMC has reported 3,548 domestic Covid-19 cases in the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27.
- Another HCMC hospital suspends operations due to Covid-19 case
- Two eateries in HCMC locked down due to Covid-19 case
- Coffee shop on Bui Vien Street under lockdown due to new Covid-19 case
- One more hospital in HCMC suspends operations after Covid-19 case detected
- 97 fresh domestic Covid-19 infections confirmed, with 62 in HCMC
- HCMC suspends several bus routes amid fears over Covid-19 spread
- HCMC pinpoints lockdown locations due to Covid-19 risks
- Danang again issues market coupons to locals to prevent coronavirus outbreak
- Dong Nai locks down Big C supermarket for 21 days over new Covid case