Medical workers prepare to take samples from residents in HCMC’s District 8 for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health has reported 97 new domestic Covid-19 infections - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - The Ministry of Health confirmed 97 fresh locally-infected cases of Covid-19 this morning, June 28, with HCMC accounting for the majority at 62.
Ten other cases were detected in Phu Yen, nine in Nghe An, six in Long An, four in Bac Ninh and two each in Lang Son, Quang Ninh and Bac Giang. Up to 94 cases were found at quarantine centers or in areas under lockdown.
As of 6 a.m. this morning, Vietnam has had 13,971 domestic infections and 1,769 imported cases. In the latest wave since April 27, the country’s Covid-19 case number reached 12,401, including 3,545 patients who have been discharged from hospital.
On June 27, an additional 87,375 people were vaccinated against Covid-19, raising the total number of vaccinated people to nearly 3.4 million.
On the same day, Hoang Hoa Tham Market in HCMC’s Tan Binh District and Hoa Hung Market in District 10 were suspended as Covid-19 patients had visited the sites.
The competent agencies have disinfected the markets and tested all traders and residents living near the markets.
Earlier, many other markets, such as Hoc Mon in the district of the same name, Nguyen Tri Phuong in District 10, Son Ky in Tan Phu District and Kim Bien in District 5, had been also locked down.
Last night, the city kick-started a plan to take samples from five million people for Covid-19 testing.
Accordingly, all residents in five districts with the most numbers of Covid-19 cases, including Binh Tan, Tan Phu, Hoc Mon, Binh Chanh and 8, would have their samples taken. Thu Duc City and the remaining districts will collect samples from some 100,000-200,000 residents each.
- 40 out of 50 new Covid-19 infections found in HCMC
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- 55 new Covid-19 infections reported
- HCMC detects 46 more domestic Covid-19 cases
- HCMC still takes the lead in new Covid-19 infections
- Most of new coronavirus infections reported in Bac Giang, HCMC
- HCMC sees 10 new Covid-19 infections
- Bac Giang makes up two thirds of new Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam reports 56 domestic Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces