Medical workers swab local residents in HCMC’s Binh Tan District for Covid-19 testing. Vietnam reported 76 more Covid-19 cases by community transmission this afternoon, June 27, sending the nation’s tally to 15,401 cases as of now – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Vietnam reported 76 more Covid-19 cases by community transmission this afternoon, June 27, sending the nation’s tally to 15,401 cases as of now, the Ministry of Health confirmed.
HCMC still takes the lead in new infections, at 65 cases. Meanwhile, eight cases were reported in Hung Yen, two in Bac Giang, and one in Bac Kan. Among them, 71 cases were discovered in quarantine centers or areas under lockdown.
The ministry this morning also announced another Covid-19 death who was an old man residing in HCMC, which is the country’s second biggest coronavirus hotspot during the on-going fourth coronavirus wave.
The 80-year-old man died of septic shock, pneumonia caused by Covid-19, hypertension, gout, and cushing syndrome. He had a medical history of hypertension, gout, cushing syndrome, and difficulty walking for years.
He lived with his child who was previously infected with Covid-19. On June 10, he tested positive for the coronavirus and was sent to the Tan Binh District Hospital.
He experienced shortness of breath the same day and was transferred to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases where he received intensive care treatment.
Due to his old age and severe underlying conditions, the man failed to overcome his illnesses and was pronounced dead on June 26.
This is the 40th Covid-19 death in the current fourth coronavirus wave, which began on April 27, and the 75th death caused by the virus since the pandemic hit Vietnam early last year.
- Health Ministry confirms 77 new Covid-19 cases
- 40 out of 50 new Covid-19 infections found in HCMC
- Health Ministry confirms 55 new Covid-19 infections, 40 recoveries
- Health Ministry reports 89 more Covid-19 cases
- HCMC accounts for most of new coronavirus infections
- HCMC still takes the lead in new Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 community transmission tally rises by 22
- Health Ministry confirms 50 fresh Covid-19 infections
- Health Ministry reports 98 new Covid-19 cases, one death