HCMC residents are injected with the Covid-19 vaccine at the Phu Tho Indoor Stadium in District 11. The Ministry of Health has reported 37 new Covid-19 cases -PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – The Ministry of Health this afternoon, June 26, confirmed 37 new Covid-19 cases, including one imported case in An Giang and 36 domestic infections. Especially, no new cases were found in HCMC from 6 a.m. to 12 p.m. of the day.
The Mekong Delta city of Can Tho has reported its first Covid-19 case in the current wave, which began on April 27, making it the 48th locality in the country to be hit by Covid-19.
In addition, 11 cases were detected in Hung Yen, seven in Ha Tinh, six in Bac Giang, five in Long An, four in Bac Ninh and two in Haiphong.
The new cases sent the country’s Covid-19 tally in the latest wave to 11,830.
At a meeting this morning, Quang Ngai Chairman Dang Van Minh said after the province detected five Covid-19 cases, including the wife, two children and two friends of a Covid-19 patient who is a driver in Duc Pho Town.
As of today, 117 people in direct contact with these cases and 249 others in indirect contact with them have been found.
Minh ordered social distancing in accordance with the prime minister’s Directive 16 in Pho Chau Commune and Pho Thanh Ward in Duc Pho Town, starting from 12 p.m. today.
The province also suspended passenger transport services from and to southern localities and between districts in Quang Ngai and Duc Pho Town.
Centralized quarantine centers in the province have been reopened.
In Bac Giang, anti-pandemic measures have been relaxed in Luc Nam and Tan Yen districts from 12 p.m. today. They will employ measures under the prime minister’s Directive 19 instead of practicing social distancing in line with Directive 15.
Social distancing was imposed on Tan Yen District with more than 160,000 residents from May 29, while Luc Nam with 210,000 residents started practicing social distancing under Directive 15 from June 7 after adopting anti-pandemic measures under Directive 16.
Two days ago, the province also lifted social distancing in Bac Giang City.
- HCMC detects 46 more domestic Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry reports 15 new Covid-19 cases, 563 cases in HCMC tagged
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Vietnam records 79 new domestic Covid-19 infections, mostly in the south
- Six more Covid-19 cases detected in Hanoi, Hung Yen
- Bac Giang 87 new cases, HCMC 45 as Covid-19 pandemic rages on
- Health Ministry confirms 77 new Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry reports 130 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 56 domestic Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces
- Vietnam reports second highest single-day spike in Covid-19 cases