HCMC residents are vaccinated against Covid-19 at the Phu Tho Indoor Stadium in HCMC's District 11. The Ministry of Health has established a national steering committee for Covid-19 vaccination - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC – The Ministry of Health on June 24 set up a national steering committee led by Minister of Health Nguyen Thanh Long to conduct the Covid-19 vaccination campaign.
Deputy Minister of National Defense Vu Hai San is the deputy head of the steering committee, which includes five subcommittees responsible for receiving, transporting and preserving Covid-19 vaccines; using vaccines; ensuring safety during the vaccination process; monitoring the quality of vaccines; and applying technology in the Covid-19 vaccination management and communication. In addition, there is an office under the steering committee.
Earlier, the Ministry of Health coordinated with the relevant ministries and agencies, such as the Ministries of Public Security, National Defense and Foreign Affairs, to come up with a plan to hold the largest ever vaccination campaign with 150 million doses, the local media reported.
The campaign was launched as Vietnam had successfully negotiated with foreign partners, including AstraZeneca, Pfizer and Moderna, Russia and the Covax Facility, to have more than 120 million vaccine doses this year.
According to a report by the Ministry of Health, some eight million doses may be shipped to Vietnam next month.
To date, Vietnam has received nearly 4.5 million doses, including nearly 2.5 million doses from the Covax Facility, more than 400,000 doses ordered by Vietnam Vaccine JSC, one million doses presented by Japan and 500,000 doses donated by China.
- Steering committee requires prompt vaccination
- How Vietnam prevent and control Covid-19 spreading
- Health Ministry urges faster Covid-19 vaccination in HCMC and 9 other provinces
- PM chairs first meeting of national steering committee for cyber security
- COVID-19 vaccination to begin in Vietnam on March 8
- Vietnam striving to quickly produce home-made COVID-19 vaccines
- HCMC rolls out large-scale vaccination campaign today
- HCMC allowed to purchase and import Covid-19 vaccines
- Health Ministry urges faster Covid inoculation
- Third phase of COVID-19 vaccination campaign begins