A corner of the Sa Dec General Hospital in Dong Thap Province. The hospital is under lockdown for seven days - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - The Mekong Delta province of Dong Thap put the Sa Dec General Hospital under lockdown for seven days from 9.00 p.m. on June 24 after a patient tested positive for Covid-19.
The Department of Internal Medicine of the hospital, where the patient received treatment, was told to suspend its operations for two weeks, the local media reported.
Doan Tan Buu, vice chairman of the provincial government and deputy head of the Dong Thap steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, said that the positive case is a 56-year-old woman, who was admitted to the Internal Medicine Department on June 10.
On June 23, the patient developed symptoms of fever and tiredness and tested positive for Covid-19 a day later.
The hospital is cooperating with the Dong Thap Center for Disease Control to test all the patients and caregivers who were in the same room as the woman, who lives in Lap Vo District.
In addition, the competent forces are tracing contacts linked to the patient to put them into quarantine centers to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
While the Sa Dec General Hospital is under lockdown, the Dong Thap General Hospital will admit emergency cases and offer treatment for hemodialysis. Other neighboring hospitals were tasked with supporting the Dong Thap General Hospital for treatment.
Due to the complicated development of the disease, Dong Thap Province asked residents to strictly follow Covid-19 safety measures and stop non-essential travel.
- Man dies at quarantine facility in Dong Thap
- Dong Thap convenes urgent meeting on positive Covid-19 illicit immigrants
- First Da Nang patients recover since new COVID-19 outbreak
- One more hospital in HCMC suspends operations after Covid-19 case detected
- Dong Thap reports first suspected Covid-19 case
- Dong Nai locks down Big C supermarket for 21 days over new Covid case
- An Giang stops bus services to/from virus-hit Dong Thap
- Danang hospital quarantined for man tested positive for Covid-19
- Covid-19 case shuts down major university hospital in HCMC