Vietnam National University, Hanoi
NDO/VNA – Two Vietnamese universities – Vietnam National University (VNU), Hanoi and VNU Ho Chi Minh City - have entered the Times Higher Education (THE)’s Young University Rankings 2021, which lists the world’s best universities that are 50 years old or younger.
In the rankings, the VNU Hanoi is placed in the 251st-300th group, while the VNU ranks 401st+.
The VNU Hanoi scored a high point in the criteria of teaching, which is higher than the average point of 50 universities placed in the 251st-300th group, and even 6.3 percent higher than the average of those in the 201st-250th positions.
The THE Young University Rankings 2021 is based on the same 13 performance indicators as the flagship THE World University Rankings, but the weightings have been adjusted to give less weight to reputation.
The universities are judged across all their core missions – teaching, research, knowledge transfer and international outlook – to provide the most comprehensive and balanced comparisons available.
The 2021 list includes 475 universities, up from 414 in 2020.
Nanyang Technological University of Singapore is the world’s best young university for the first time this year.
The Republic of Korea has the highest number of universities entering the top positions in the list with three institutions in the top 10.
The UK is once again the most-represented country, with 37 institutions, while India has 34 and Spain has 33.
- Vietnamese universities to be in the list of the world’s best universities
- Two Vietnamese universities win place among QS rankings
- Vietnamese university among world’s best ‘Golden Age’ rankings 2020
- Three Vietnamese universities find place in Asia’s top 500
- A Hanoi university listed in QS world university rankings
- Vietnamese university makes it into list of leading institutions worldwide
- More Vietnamese universities listed in the world rankings
- Three Vietnamese universities teach these five subjects best
- Seven universities in Vietnam meet int'l accreditation standards
- First Vietnamese university selected to world’s top 700