NDO/VNA – The national COVID-19 vaccine fund received over VND 6.6 billion from 17 sponsors at a ceremony on June 24.
Among the donors, Tan Viet Securities JSC contributed over VND 3.3 billion, Fubon Vietnam Insurance Co. Ltd VND 1 billion, Hoa Linh Pharmaceuticals Co. Ltd VND 500 million, and the Ministry of Agriculture and Rural Development VND 500 million.
The fund’s management board has opened 21 accounts for donations made in VND, USD, EUR at the State Treasury and six commercial banks namely BIDV, Vietcombank, VietinBank, HDBank, Agribank and TPBank.
Since its inception, the fund had accumulated over VND 7.5 trillion (US$ 326 million) as of 5pm on June 24, according to its management board.
The sum was donated by 339,650 individuals and organisations.
The use, management and opening of accounts at the State Treasury is publicised on the mass media daily.
Vietnam will need VND 22.5 trillion to buy 150 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine to inoculate 75 million people in order to achieve herd immunity.
- National COVID-19 vaccine fund receives over 7.95 trillion VND
- Donations to COVID-19 vaccine fund amount to US$5.08 trillion so far
- Businesses’ donations to vaccine fund subject to no CIT
- Donations to Covid-19 vaccines fund reaches 221.34 million USD by now
- I want to support Vietnam's COVID-19 vaccine fund, how can I donate?
- Vaccine fund receives over US$ 11.68 million
- More donations to COVID-19 vaccine fund
- SSI asset management to IPO new fund by end of June
- COVID-19 Vaccine Fund receives donations of VND3.5 trillion