- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
The Ministry of Health has announced the 71st and 72nd Covid-19 deaths, two elderly patients with serious underlying medical conditions.
The 71st fatality was an 88-year-old man in Bac Giang Province’s Viet Yen District who suffered from high blood pressure.
On June 13, he tested positive for Covid-19 and was taken to Bac Giang General Hospital for treatment. Five days later, his breathing difficulties worsened and he was moved to Bac Giang Mental Hospital for intensive treatment. At the hospital, he was given a ventilator and dialysis, however, he responded poorly to the treatment and died on June 22 due to respiratory failure, multiple organ failure and blood sepsis.
The 72nd death was an 82-year-old man in Bac Giang’s Yen Dung District who suffered from gout, diabetes and high blood pressure.
On June 5, he was brought to Bac Giang General Hospital after testing positive for Covid-19. On June 14, he was taken to Bac Giang Mental Hospital as his condition worsened. Failing to respond to the treatment, he died on June 22.
To date, the country has witnessed 72 Covid-19-related deaths, including 37 cases since April 27 when the fourth Covid-19 wave started hitting the country.
This article was originally published in Dtinews
- Two Covid-19 patients in Bac Giang die aged over 80
- Two more deaths related to COVID-19 reported in Vietnam
- Two women die of Covid-19
- Vietnam reports 2 more Covid-19 deaths
- Man in HCMC’s District 8 dies of Covid-19
- Two Covid-19-related deaths confirmed on Monday morning
- 67th Covid-19 death confirmed in HCM City
- Vietnam reports two more Covid-19 deaths
- 71-year-old Covid-19 patient in An Giang dies