A critical Covid-19 patient in Bac Giang is under treatment. Two Covid-19 patients in the province have been confirmed dead - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC – Two Covid-19 patients, aged 88 and 82, in the country’s largest coronavirus hotspot of Bac Giang were confirmed dead this afternoon, June 24, raising the country’s Covid-19 death toll to 72.
According to the subcommittee of treatment under the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, the 88-year-old man is a resident of Viet Yen District and suffered from high blood pressure, the local media reported.
On June 13, he tested positive for Covid-19 and was taken to the Bac Giang General Hospital for treatment. On June 18, he suffered from shortness of breath and showed poor response to high-flow nasal cannula oxygen, so he was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit of the Bac Giang Psychiatric Hospital.
Despite treatment efforts, his condition worsened.
The other deceased is a male resident of Yen Dung District. He suffered from underlying illnesses of high blood pressure, gout and diabetes.
On June 5, he was found to be infected with the coronavirus and was admitted to the Bac Giang General Hospital.
On June 14, he was transferred to the Intensive Care Unit of the Bac Giang Psychiatric Hospital but he showed poor response to treatment.
The two died on June 22 of severe pneumonia caused by Covid-19, acute respiratory distress syndrome, septic shock and multi-organ failure.
Thus, 37 Covid-19 patients died in the fourth Covid-19 wave beginning late April, higher than the Covid-19 deaths in the previous waves.
- Many Covid-19 patients in critical condition
- Two women die of Covid-19
- Vietnam reports 102 more Covid-19 cases
- Man in HCMC’s District 8 dies of Covid-19
- Worker in Bac Giang dies of Covid-19
- Two more deaths related to COVID-19 reported in Vietnam
- Tay Ninh reports first Covid-19 death
- Five Covid-19 patients put on ECMO machines
- Health Ministry reports 59 fresh domestic, two imported Covid-19 cases