At an area for collecting samples for COVID-19 test (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Additional 42 COVID-19 infections, including five imported ones, were confirmed in the last 12 hours to 6am on June 24, raising the national tally to 13,989, according to the Ministry of Health (MoH).
Among the new domestic cases, 26 were found in Ho Chi Minh City, three each in Thai Binh and Bac Giang, two each in Tay Ninh and Long An, and one in Khanh Hoa. Of them, 28 were detected in quarantine sites and sealed off areas.
To date, Vietnam has documented 12,264 locally-infected infections and 1,725 imported ones.
The MoH said 5,684 patients have been given the all-clear so far, while the death toll was 70.
Among the active patients, 341 have tested negative for the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2 once, 143 twice and 130 thrice.
Sixteen provinces that were hit by the pandemic have gone through 14 days without new infections.
On June 23, an additional 100,374 people received COVID-19 vaccine shots nationwide. So far, over 2.6 million vaccine doses have been injected. The number of people fully getting two shots is 137,682.
- COVID-19: 68 new infections raise tally to 10,048
- Additional 55 COVID-19 cases detected on June 8 afternoon
- 81 new COVID-19 cases confirmed on June 18 early morning
- 63 more COVID-19 cases added to national tally
- Vietnam logs 90 new COVID-19 infections, one more death
- Vietnam logs 79 domestic COVID-19 infections on June 3 afternoon
- Vietnam has 103 new COVID-19 cases to report on June 13 evening
- COVID-19: 220 new cases raise tally to 12,014
- Vietnam reports 96 new COVID-19 cases on June 13 morning