- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
In a bid to join hands with the nation to fight against the COVID-19 pandemic as well as ensure social welfare and people’s wellbeing, state-owned oil and gas group PetroVietnam has recently donated VND30 billion ($1.3 million) to the national COVID-19 Vaccine Fund.
The sum was contributed by the parent company PetroVietnam and its numerous member units. In the fight against COVID-19, PetroVietnam has been actively supporting the government and people across the country to keep a safe environment for people and maintain production.
So far, PetroVietnam and its member units have contributed more than VND500 billion ($21.74 million) to the fight against COVID-19.
Amid the current growing complications of the pandemic, strongly committed to ensuring absolute safety for staff and business continuity, PetroVietnam has enacted a suite of measures to maintain stable operation and business.
The parent company and its member units have taken initiative in coordinating with ministries, sectors, and health facilities to deploy a vaccination programme for all employees. By June 21, PetroVietnam hosted two rounds of vaccinations for its employees with 2,450 people in the oil and gas sector being inoculated.
In order to meet the urgent requirements of pandemic prevention and control and speed up access to buying and importing vaccines for large-scale vaccination, the Ministry of Finance has set up a COVID-19 vaccine fund in late May 2021 to receive funding from domestic and foreign organisations and individuals, as well as other legal capital sources for the purchase of COVID-19 vaccines.
This article was originally published in Vir.com
- PetroVietnam exploits 7.76 million tonnes of oil equivalent in eight months
- PetroVietnam says annual output unaffected by COVID-19 pandemic
- PetroVietnam to invest in renewables amid shrinking crude oil production
- Petrovietnam Oil eyes jet fuel sales
- PetroVietnam’s nine-month oil output surpasses target at 864 million tonnes
- PetroVietnam earns 12.2 billion USD in revenue in H1
- PetroVietnam posts profit of over 430 million USD despite twin crises
- COVID-19 fight gains additional support
- PetroVietnam subsidiaries ink deal on projects