Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue speaking at the opening of Vietnam Day at the Asian Film Festival. (Photo: VNA office in Rome)
NDO/VNA – The Vietnamese Embassy in Italy and the organising board of the 18th Asian Film Festival held the “Vietnam Day” on June 22, as part of the June 17-23 festival in Rome.
> Vietnamese movies screened at Asian Film Festival
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue said cinematic exchange also contributes to deepening Vietnam - Italy strategic partnership.
On the occasion, four Vietnamese hit movies “Bac kim thang” (Home sweet home), “Tiec trang mau” (Blood moon party), “Rom” and “Bo gia” (Dad, I’m sorry) were screened, drawing a number of audiences to Farnese cinema.
Held by the Robert Bresson Film Foundation, the festival has selected the best films in East Asia in terms of art and genre, with special attention to young and new directors.
Director of the festival Antonio Terminini said the themes of this year’s films focused on abuse of teenagers, complicated family relations, impacts of economic issues and sustainable development, climate change in parts of East Asia, including in Mekong River.
As many as 28 feature and two short films from Japan, the Republic of Korea, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos and Myanmar were featured at the six-day event.
- Vietnamese movies screened at Asian Film Festival
- Khoa wins best actor award for 'Ròm' at Asian Film Festival
- Italian movies to be screened in Hanoi, HCMC
- Vietnamese film week to feature outstanding works
- Polish Film Festival gets underway in Da Nang and Ho Chi Minh City
- Vietnamese film 'Father and Son' to be screened at World Expo 2020 Dubai
- Busan International Film Festival Features 2 Vietnamese Movies
- Vietnamese psychological thriller wins three awards at Asian film art festival
- Female director’s film project honoured at Busan Film Festival