Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue speaking at the opening of Vietnam Day at the Asian Film Festival. (Photo: VNA office in Rome)
NDO/VNA – The Vietnamese Embassy in Italy and the organising board of the 18th Asian Film Festival held the “Vietnam Day” on June 22, as part of the June 17-23 festival in Rome.
> Vietnamese movies screened at Asian Film Festival
Speaking at the opening ceremony, Vietnamese Ambassador to Italy Nguyen Thi Bich Hue said cinematic exchange also contributes to deepening Vietnam - Italy strategic partnership.
On the occasion, four Vietnamese hit movies “Bac kim thang” (Home sweet home), “Tiec trang mau” (Blood moon party), “Rom” and “Bo gia” (Dad, I’m sorry) were screened, drawing a number of audiences to Farnese cinema.
Held by the Robert Bresson Film Foundation, the festival has selected the best films in East Asia in terms of art and genre, with special attention to young and new directors.
Director of the festival Antonio Terminini said the themes of this year’s films focused on abuse of teenagers, complicated family relations, impacts of economic issues and sustainable development, climate change in parts of East Asia, including in Mekong River.
As many as 28 feature and two short films from Japan, the Republic of Korea, China, the Philippines, Indonesia, Malaysia, Thailand, Vietnam, Singapore, Laos and Myanmar were featured at the six-day event.
- Vietnamese movies screened at Asian Film Festival
- Italian movies to be screened in Hanoi, HCMC
- Vietnamese filmmakers to compete at Lorcano Film Festival
- Month-long German Film Festival 2020 to kick off in Vietnam
- Actress wins award at 2021 Paris International Film Festival
- Two Vietnam film directors get grants from South Korea festival
- Audiovisual archive conference to be held in Hà Nội in June
- Rehearsal held for opening ceremony of National Radio Festival
- Vietnamese director chosen as judge at International Film Festival