A still cut from "Bo Gia". (Photo courtesy of the movie)
NDO/VNA – Four Vietnamese movies – “Bac Kim Thang” (Home Sweet Home), “Bo Gia” (Dad, I'm sorry), “Tiec Trang Mau” (Blood moon party) and “Rom” are being screened at the Asian Film Festival within the framework of the Vietnamese film screening day in Rome, Italy.
These films have won high box office revenues in the past time.
Among the films mentioned above, "Bac Kim Thang " by director Tran Huu Tan is among the few domestic horror films.
Meanwhile, the remainders were prominent representatives of Vietnamese cinema in 2020.
The Asian Film Festival in Italy is organised by the Roberts Bresson Film Foundation which selects the best films in East Asia, with special attention given to young directors.
A total of 28 feature films and two short films from 11 East Asian countries such as Japan, the Republic of Korea, Indonesia, Vietnam and Singapore, are featured at the event.
The films mainly reflect the abuse and bullying of minors, family relationship and climate change in parts of East Asia.
- Vietnam Day held as part of Asian Festival Film in Italy
- Khoa wins best actor award for 'Ròm' at Asian Film Festival
- Vietnamese film week to feature outstanding works
- Short film screening and talk with directors
- Japanese film festival to open virtually in Việt Nam
- Vietnamese movies featured at Busan, Locarno film festivals
- Two Vietnamese films selected for Busan int’l film festival’s funding program
- Female director’s film on Vietnamese culture to compete at Busan Film Festival
- Vietnamese psychological thriller wins three awards at Asian film art festival