The Ministry of Health announced another 55 local Covid-19 cases Wednesday morning, with 51 recorded in HCMC.
Covid-19 hotspot of Bac Giang wants more than 120,000 suspended workers back at work by the end of November.
Vietnam confirms 55 more local Covid cases, mostly in HCMC. Of the cases in the southern metropolis, 40 are associated with previously confirmed patients, one linked to a church cluster in Go Vap District and for the remaining 10, the sources of transmission have not been determined, VNExpress citing a report from Ministry of Health.
The other patients confirmed this morning are in the northern Bac Giang Province and the central Nghe An Province.
In Bac Giang, the two cases are related to hotspots at the province’s industrial parks and have already been isolated prior to testing.
The two cases in Nghe An had both made contact with coronavirus patients.
For the past two months, Vietnam’s latest Covid wave has seen 10,495 infections recorded in 43 cities and provinces. The most severely hit are Bac Giang with 5,490 cases and HCMC with 1,973.
The nation of 96 million has administered more than 2.5 million Covid vaccine shots, with 133,843 people having fully received two doses.
Bac Giang Province, the Covid-19 hotspot wants 120,000 workers back on duty
The northern province, which leads the nation in Covid-19 tally with 5,490 cases in the latest wave, plans to bring back its workers to industrial parks from now until the rest of the year in a phased manner: 30,000 by next month, 50,000 by August and 100,000 by October.
The province also wants factories to set up accommodations for workers to stay within their premises to avoid contagion. It targets accommodating 7,000 people by next month and 35,000 by November.
The situation, however, has been contained and the province has been relaxing its social distancing orders and has allowed most of its factories to resume operations.
The province has 240,000 workers employed in six industrial parks, where many global manufacturing giants like Foxconn and Luxshare, which are both assemblers for Apple, have located their operations, VNExpress reported.
- Most of 81 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC on Friday morning
- Half of 94 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC Saturday morning
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population
- Vietnam confirms another 50 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally crosses 10,000 mark with 68 new local cases
- Vietnam adds 210 infections to domestic Covid-19 count
- Vietnam reports another 48 domestic cases and first Covid death in Saigon