Politburo member and Director of the HCMA Nguyen Xuan Thang speaking at the meeting. (Photo: NDO)
NDO – A wide variety of practical activities were held nationwide and abroad on June 21 to mark the 96th anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.
The Ho Chi Minh National Academy of Politics (HCMA) held a meeting in Hanoi to celebrate the Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day and launch the Inter-chapter of Vietnam Journalists’ Association at the academy. The event was attended by Politburo member and the HCMA’s Director Nguyen Xuan Thang.
Speaking at the meeting, Politburo member Nguyen Xuan Thang appreciated the achievements gained by reporters and editors of the academy in recent time.
He noted that the press and communication work should further grasp the political tasks of the Party, the State and the academy, contributing to serve the training, scientific research and policy consultation.
Especially, the press work must take the lead in propagating and disseminating the documents of the 13th National Party Congress to officials, Party members and people from all walks of life, creating unity towards successful implementation of the Congress’ Resolution.
On the occasion, the Vietnam Journalists’ Association announced the decision to establish the HCMA’s Journalist Inter-chapter and launch its Executive Committee.
A delegation of Ho Chi Minh City Party Committee and People’s Committee led by member of the Party Central Committee and Standing Deputy Secretary of the City Phan Van Mai visited and congratulated press workers of Nhan Dan (People’s) Newspaper’s representative office in the city.
He appreciated the great contributions of Nhan Dan Newspaper to the city’s development while expressing his hope that the newspaper’s representative office to continue to enhance the propaganda of the city’s resolutions and policies.
* Ceremonies were held in the South-Central Coastal province of Khanh Hoa and the Mekong River Delta province of Can Tho to mark the 96th anniversary of Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.
A ceremony was held in Can Tho to present Phan Ngoc Hien Press Awards to 37 outstanding works, including 4 first, 8 second, 12 third and 13 consolation prizes.
* Thirty-nine winners of the Soc Trang Provincial Press Awards 2020 were honoured yesterday.
Five years since its launch, the awards have received 443 press works from journalists and reporters in the province.
* Delegations of Ninh Thuan Province’s Party Committee, People’s Council, Peoples’ Committee and Fatherland Front visited and extended greetings to representative offices of Nhan Dan Newspaper and other press agencies.
* The President Ho Chi Minh Mausoleum Management Board held a meeting for representatives from press agencies inside and outside the army on the occasion, appreciating their coordination in communicating the Mausoleum Management Board’s operation.
* Various practical activities were also held in Dong Thap Province, Da Nang City and Son La Province to celebrate the special occasion of press workers.
* The Vietnamese Embassy in France also held a ceremony yesterday to celebrate the 96th anniversary of the Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day.
The event was attended by Ambassador Dinh Toan Thang, Permanent Representative of Vietnam besides UNESCO Le Thi Hong Van, and reporters from three Vietnamese press agencies in France.
Vietnamese Ambassador to France Dinh Toan Thang (fifth from left) presents flowers to journalists and reporters. (Photo: NDO)
* Vietnamese Embassy in Russia held a meeting to congratulate journalists and reporters on the occasion.
At the event, Vietnamese Ambassador to Russia Dang Minh Khoi congratulated representatives from four permanent Vietnamese press agencies in the country, including Nhan Dan Newspaper, Vietnam News Agency, Vietnam Television and the Voice of Vietnam as well as the website of Vietnamese community in Russia.
Vietnamese Ambassador to Russia congratulating the journalists. (Photo: NDO)
- Prime Minister pledges to facilitate press activities for Vietnam Revolutionary Press Day
- Top legislator congratulates journalists on Revolutionary Press Day
- Nhan Dan Newspaper receives congratulations on Revolutionary Press Day
- PM urges Vietnamese press to continue upholding revolutionary spirit
- Prime Minister pledges to facilitate press activities
- Party communications chief calls on press agencies to modernise
- Sai Gon Giai Phong Newspaper scoops 9 prizes at HCMC Press Awards 2020
- Press release on opening session of 13th National Party Congress
- 13th Party Congress mulls over documents
- Seminar marking 110 years of Uncle Ho s journey to fight for national independence