During a telephone talk on Wednesday, President Xi said China will, as always, firmly support Russia’s development path which fits its own national goals and staunchly support Russia in accelerating its development and revitalization.
Russia recently held a referendum and overwhelmingly passed constitutional amendments. Xi said this reflects the Russian people’s support for their government and their acceptance of the Russian government’s governing philosophy.
Putin said the overwhelming approval of the constitutional amendments will help maintain Russia’s long-term political stability, better safeguard national sovereignty, and oppose external interference. He said the Russia-China bilateral ties are at their highest point in history.
Russia opposes all provocative actions that violate China’s sovereignty, and believes China is fully capable of ensuring long-term prosperity and stability in Hong Kong, Putin added.
- Putin says constitutional changes are the right thing for Russia
- Russia, India, China support relations based on international law
- President Putin says Russia is ‘first’ to develop coronavirus vaccine
- Putin may seek another term if constitutional change passes
- Leaders extend congratulations on Russia Day
- Party chief holds phone talks with Russian President
- Putin set to visit Vietnam, thanks government for COVID-19 assistance
- President Nguyen Xuan Phuc holds phone talk with Russian counterpart
- Russia approves 2nd coronavirus vaccine
- Putin thanks Russians for their 'trust' after United Russia election win