A man has his sample taken for Covid-19 testing. The Ministry of Health this morning, June 20 confirmed 78 new Covid-19 cases, including two imported cases in An Giang Province and 76 locally-infected ones - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The Ministry of Health this morning, June 20 confirmed 78 new Covid-19 cases, including two imported cases in An Giang Province and 76 locally-infected ones, with HCMC reporting the most at 46.
Bac Giang Province detected 20 domestic cases, Bac Ninh Province had seven infections and Nghe An Province reported three.
The 46 new infections reported in HCMC raised the city’s total number of Covid-19 cases in the current fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27, to 1,527, making it the country’s second largest coronavirus hotspot, after Bac Giang.
Since April 27, Vietnam has detected 9,719 domestic Covid-19 cases in 41 provinces and cities, with as many as 2,280 patients having recovered from the disease.
The HCMC government on June 19 decided to lock down Quarters 2, 3 and 4 in An Lac Ward in Binh Tan District, with some 60,000 people, for 14 days, starting from today, to prevent the spread of Covid-19.
In the latest wave of the coronavirus, 127 infections have been detected in the three quarters, according to the Binh Tan government.
In its effort to suppress the pandemic, Binh Tan Province set up 22 coronavirus checkpoints at the entrances to the areas under lockdown.
In related news, some 1.6 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine will be imported into Vietnam in early July, while at least one shipment of Pfizer vaccine will arrive in country next month.
In addition, the Government has approved to buy 30 million doses of AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine from the Vietnam Vaccine JSC, at a price equal to that negotiated with the Ministry of Health on the non-profit principle.
- New Covid-19 infections in Bac Giang remain high
- Bac Giang 87 new cases, HCMC 45 as Covid-19 pandemic rages on
- 40 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 60 more new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- Most of new coronavirus infections reported in Bac Giang, HCMC
- 30 new domestic Covid-19 infections detected in four localities
- Four provinces report 80 domestic Covid-19 cases
- 16 new locally-infected Covid-19 cases reported
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC