- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam recorded 109 new local Covid-19 cases Saturday noon in eight localities, with cases in HCMC closely following the second worst-affected locality Bac Ninh’s.
64 of the new cases were recorded in HCMC, 22 in Bac Giang, 14 in Bac Ninh, three in Long An, two each in Hoa Binh and Nghe An, and one each in Lao Cai and Hanoi.
Of the cases in HCMC, 47 are close contacts of confirmed patients, four are associated with a Christian mission coronavirus cluster and 13 cases are being contact traced.
All the cases in the northern provinces of Bac Giang are associated with existing outbreaks at the provinces’ industrial parks.
One case in Bac Ninh had made contact with a coronavirus patient while the rest are also linked to local industrial parks.
The three cases in Long An Province that borders HCMC are being contact traced.
All the cases in Hoa Binh, Lao Cai and Hanoi had made contact with coronavirus patients.
One case in the central province of Nghe An had made contact with a coronavirus patient, while the other case was detected through Covid-19 screening.
Since the new wave on April 27, Vietnam has registered 9,376 community transmissions in 41 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and HCMC account for most of the infections, at 5,114, 1,499 and 1,450.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam detects 49 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam reports 82 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam confirms another 50 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam detects 89 cases to local Covid tally
- Vietnam has recorded local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces
- Vietnam adds 210 infections to domestic Covid-19 count
- Vietnam records 173 new internal Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam has vaccinated more than 1.77 million of its 96-million population