Authorities lock down a site in Long Khanh City in Dong Nai Province after detecting a suspected case in the city. The Dong Nai Center for Disease Control this morning, June 19, reported two suspected cases who live in Long Khanh City and Vinh Cuu District - PHOTO: NLDO
HCMC - The Dong Nai Center for Disease Control this morning, June 19, reported two suspected Covid-19 cases in Long Khanh City and Vinh Cuu District, ending a 45-day coronavirus-free streak in the province.
A 46-year-old man, a mason from Bao Vinh Ward in Long Khanh City, came into close contact with a fruit trader at the Hoc Mon Wholesale Market in HCMC who was confirmed positive for Covid-19 on June 16.
On June 18, the mason felt tired, thereby visiting the Long Khanh Hospital for a medical checkup. His test result came back positive for the coronavirus, the local media reported.
Among his direct contacts was his wife who works at Pousung Vietnam in Trang Bom District. During the contact-tracing effort, the provincial center found 50 people who were in direct contact with her and over 1,000 people in indirect contact at her company.
After detecting the suspected case, Long Khanh City and Trang Bom District quickly held urgent meetings, conducted contact tracing and disinfected relevant areas, while Puosung Vietnam suspended its operations and asked tens of thousands of its employees to monitor their health at home.
Another suspected case was a male worker of Thanh Phu Commune in Vinh Cuu District. The man came into close contact with positive Covid-19 cases at the House Ware infection cluster in Binh Duong Province.
In the fourth wave of the coronavirus, which began on April 27, Dong Nai Province has confirmed one case on May 4.
- 5,000 residents in Vinh City put under lockdown due to suspected coronavirus case
- Vinh Phuc reports eight suspected cases of Covid-19
- Tra Vinh detects suspected Covid-19 case linked to HCMC religious sect
- Dong Thap reports first suspected Covid-19 case
- HCDC confirms six new suspected Covid-19 cases
- Dong Nai locks down Big C supermarket for 21 days over new Covid case
- HCMC records 22 new suspected Covid-19 cases linked to religious sect
- Breaking: Twelve more suspected cases of coronavirus reported in Vietnam’s Da Nang city
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case