Two medical workers handle test tubes containing samples for Covid-19 tests. Vietnam reported 94 new locally transmitted Covid-19 cases Saturday morning - PHOTO: MINISTRY OF HEALTH
HCMC - Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally rose to 12,508 this morning, June 19, with 94 new locally transmitted cases recorded in eight cities and provinces.
HCMC recorded the biggest number of new Covid-19 patients, with 40 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 15, Nghe An 13, Binh Duong 12, Bac Giang nine and Tien Giang three. Ha Tinh and Danang had one new case each.
The country has detected 9,267 domestic Covid-19 infections in 41 cities and provinces in the fourth Covid-19 wave since April 27.
Ten cities and provinces have spent over one month without new Covid-19 cases.
Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and HCMC continue to account for most infections, with 5,092, 1,485 and 1,386 cases, respectively.
The country’s Covid-19 death toll has risen to 62 after a 71-year-old Covid-19 patient in the Mekong Delta province of An Giang died.
The HCMC Center for Disease Control said Covid-19 has been silently spreading in the community, with new Covid-19 infections from unknown sources of transmission reported daily through Covid-19 screening and testing programs.
Therefore, residents should regard those who are in close contact with them as probable virus spreaders and strictly follow anti-virus protocols.
HCMC is one of the localities that are prioritized for Covid-19 vaccination. The Ministry of Health has decided to allocate 800,000 doses of Covid-19 vaccine to HCMC to vaccinate its residents after the city's Covid-19 tally exceeded 1,000.
Nearly one million Covid-19 vaccine doses donated by the Japanese Government have also been transported to the city to vaccinate prioritized groups.
- Vietnam reports 56 domestic Covid-19 cases, all in northern provinces
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- Vietnam adds 86 cases to Covid-19 tally
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang
- Vietnam confirms 33 more local Covid-19 infections
- The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 1,678
- New Covid-19 infections in Bac Giang remain high
- Vietnam has recorded local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces