The Ministry of Health announced 94 more Covid-19 community transmissions in Vietnam Saturday morning, with nearly half in Ho Chi Minh City.
The case in Da Nang coastal city was its first in more than a month.
Vietnam records 94 new Covid-19 cases, th new patients were recorded in HCMC (40 cases), Nghe An (13), Binh Duong (12), Bac Giang (9), Tien Giang (3), Ha Tinh (1) and Da Nang (1).
Cases in HCMC include 38 that had had close contact with Covid-19 patients and one linked to the church cluster in Go Vap District.
Related: How HCMC slow down the spread of coronavirus?
The other case is a female staff at the People’s Committee Office in District 7. She was found infected after two of her family members are confirmed positive when having their health checked at a local hospital. The source of transmission of her and her family has not been identified.
On Friday alone, the southern metropolis recorded 149 cases of Covid-19, the highest daily tally ever. The city’s Center for Disease Control has warned citizens to stay on high alert as for now, that anyone could possibly be the source of transmission.
The new cases in northern Bac Ninh Province include eight linked to clusters at industrial parks, five related to a hotspot at Dai Phuc Commune in Bac Ninh Town, one having contact with a Covid-19 patient. The infection source of the remaining one is still unclear.
Also read: A new drug has been found to cut Covid deaths
In the north central Nghe An Province, one case is linked to the Quang Chau industrial park in Bac Giang, three had had direct contact with Covid-19 cases, four are linked to a cluster in Dien Chau District and for the rest, the authorities are still looking into the transmission source. The province’s capital, Vinh Town, applied social distancing measures from Wednesday, and raised them to a stricter level on Friday after more infections were added.
All cases in Binh Duong and Tien Giang in southern Vietnam are linked to previously confirmed patients.
The case in Ha Tinh had come into contact with a Covid-19 patient while the source of infection for the one in Da Nang is still being investigated. The case in Da Nang was its first in more than a month.
Also read: Breaking: COVID-19 related death reach 4 million worldwide
Since the new wave on April 27, Vietnam has registered 9,267 community transmissions in 41 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang, Bac Ninh and HCMC continue to account for most infections, at 5,092, 1,485 and 1,386, according to VNExpress.
By Le Nga
- Most of 81 new Covid cases recorded in Vietnam’s HCMC on Friday morning
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- Covid treatment hospital in Vietnam’s HCMC under lockdown after three employees tested positive
- Covid treatment hospital in Vietnam’s HCMC under lockdown after three employees tests positive
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam records 75 local Covid cases and one more death
- HCMC, Gia Lai reports Covid-19 cases linked to Hai Duong Province
- Vietnam reports another 48 domestic cases and first Covid death in Saigon
- 15 new community cases reported in Bac Ninh and Hanoi on Saturday morning