Representatives from Lao Bokeo province present donations to the Vietnamese Embassy in Luang Prabang. (Photo:VNA)
NDO/VNA – Representatives from the Lao province of Bokeo on June 18 handed over LAK200 million (US$21,160) to Vietnamese Consulate General in Luang Prabang province to assist the fight against COVID-19 in three Vietnamese provinces - Son La, Dien Bien and Lao Cai.
Speaking at the handover ceremony, a representative of the Bokeo authority affirmed the great friendship between Laos and Vietnam, and hoped that Vietnam's localities would soon stop the spread of the pandemic. They also said they believed the Vietnamese Party, State, Government and people will soon curb and win over the pandemic.
The people of Bokeo province wanted to join hands with the Vietnamese government and people to quickly put the COVID-19 pandemic under control and stop its spread, according to the representative.
Vietnamese Consul General in Luang Prabang Nguyen Dang Hung thanked the Lao friends for their meaningful and timely gifts, and affirmed to send the donations to Vietnam soon to serve the fight against the pandemic.
- Dien Bien Province gifts medical supplies to six Lao northern provinces
- Vietnamese localities Consulate General in Luang Prabang support Laos in Covid 19 battle
- Vietnamese community joins hands with Lao government in Covid 19 fight
- Vietnam Covid 19 Updates June 14 290 new cases 59 deaths confirmed
- Vietnam localities gift medical supplies to support Laos Covid 19 fight
- Vietnam Laos Friendship Association offers more support to help Laos fight Covid 19
- Vietnam-funded high school handed over to Lao school
- The Friendship Association of Da Nang backs Laos in their struggle against Covid-19
- Vietnam supports Laos 500 000 medical equipment in Covid 19 fight