- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam recorded 220 more Covid-19 infections in the past six hours, raising the total number of patients in the country to 12,014, the Ministry of Health reported at noon on Thursday.
According to the ministry’s report, 212 of the newly-confirmed patients are locally-transmitted cases most of whom were detected in quarantine sites or areas under lockdown in some localities including 178 in Bac Giang, 30 in Ho Chi Minh City, two in Tien Giang, and one each in Ha Tinh, and Nghe An.
The 178 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some local industrial parks which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Thursday noon, 8,780 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 4,945 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 40 cities and provinces nationwide.
Eight imported patients are all Vietnamese people who recently returned from Japan, Malaysia, Cambodia, and India. They were sent to a local quarantine area in Hoa Binh, Quang Nam, Kien Giang, and Hanoi provinces upon arrival and are now being treated at local hospitals.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 12,014 including 10,350 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 16, a total of 4,590 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 61 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 182,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 16, an additional 125,225 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,773,297. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 72,325.
This article was originally published in dtinews
- Vietnam detects 102 new Covid-19 patients in Thursday noon
- 88 new Covid-19 cases confirmed in Thursday noon report
- Vietnam detects 92 more Covid-19 patients in Monday noon report
- Vietnam reports 176 more Covid-19 patients
- Vietnam adds 89 Covid-19 cases to domestic Covid-19 count
- Vietnam dectects 82 more Covid-19 cases in Friday noon report
- Vietnam reports 55 more Covid-19 patients, Tuesday counts rise to 175
- Vietnam confirms 152 more Covid-19 patients, total tally rises to 6,316
- Vietnam reports 40 more cases and 45th Covid-19 death