Competent forces on duty at a checkpoint at the Big C Supermarket in Dong Nai Province, which has been put under lockdown after a positive Covid-19 case visited the site - PHOTO: SGGPO
HCMC - The government of Bien Hoa City in the southeastern province of Dong Nai decided to put the Big C supermarket at the Vung Tau Intersection on lockdown for 21 days starting 5:00 a.m. today, June 17, after a Covid-19 patient visited the supermarket.
The authorities set up five coronavirus checkpoints at the entrances to the store, which is located in Quarter 1 in Long Binh Tan Ward, the local media reported.
The Dong Nai Center for Disease Control on June 16 was notified of the Covid-19 positive case, who lives in Binh Thang Ward in Binh Duong Province’s Di An City and works at Sailing Tower on Pasteur Street in downtown HCMC. The man visited the store on June 12 and 13, according to the center.
He were coughing and having a fever on June 14, so a day later, he visited the Binh Thang Ward Healthcare Center to file a health declaration and was then sent into quarantine.
The Dong Nai Center for Disease Control found over 500 employees of the store coming into indirect contact with the patient and asked people who were shopping at the supermarket from 4.00 p.m. on June 12 to June 16 to file health declarations and take a test.
Since the current fourth wave of the coronavirus emerged on April 27, Dong Nai Province has reported one Covid-19 infection in Long Khanh City. The province has undergone 42 consecutive days without new domestic cases.
- Two eateries in HCMC locked down due to Covid-19 case
- Coffee shop on Bui Vien Street under lockdown due to new Covid-19 case
- Go Vap to remove 12 main coronavirus checkpoints at midnight
- HCMC locks down alley in District 3 as new Covid-19 case found
- 5,000 residents in Vinh City put under lockdown due to suspected coronavirus case
- Another HCMC hospital suspends operations due to Covid-19 case
- HCMC removes 69 coronavirus checkpoints
- Thu Duc locks down residential block due to suspected Covid-19 case
- Dong Thap reports first suspected Covid-19 case