- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam may receive a million more Covid-19 vaccine doses through Covax by early next month, the National Institute of Hygiene and Epidemiology said Tuesday.
Dang Duc Anh, director of the Institute, said the doses may come either at the end of June or early July, with the government planning to allow more groups to be vaccinated like workers in industrial parks.
Around two million vaccine doses by AstraZeneca may arrive in Vietnam within the third quarter, along with three million doses by Pfizer. However, that timeline may change in future, Anh said.
Vietnam has received around three million Covid-19 vaccine doses so far, with global vaccine access mechanism Covax providing 2.5 million, all produced by AstraZeneca.
The national Covid-19 vaccination program has inoculated over 1.5 million people with the AstraZeneca vaccine, mainly frontline workers of the Covid-19 fight. Over 59,000 people have received two shots.
The country is expected to receive over 120 million doses within this year, either through contracts or Covax. It seeks around 150 million doses in total to cover 70 percent of its population.
Seven weeks into Vietnam’s new coronavirus wave, the nation has recorded 7,787 local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang and Bac Ninh continued to lead in the number of infections, with 4,263 and 1,394 cases, followed by Ho Chi Minh City with 923.
This article was originally published in Vnexpress
- Over one million Covid-19 vaccine doses to arrive in Vietnam early July
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine doses
- Over 800,000 Covid-19 vaccine doses provided by Covax arrive in Vietnam
- Vietnam will get 31 Million Pfizer-BioNTech vaccine doses this year
- Vietnam gets 288,000 more AstraZeneca Covid-19 vaccine shots
- Health Ministry proposes not buying additional 30 million doses of AstraZeneca vaccine
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK
- Over 1.68 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine set to arrive in Vietnam
- Vietnam to receive over 5.6 million doses of COVID-19 vaccines in two months