70 more cases were added to Vietnam’s domestic Covid-19 count Tuesday morning, bringing the ongoing wave’s tally to 7,669 in seven weeks.
Seven weeks into the new wave, Vietnam has recorded local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces, VNExpress, a local media reported.
Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories.
70 more Covid-19 patients confirmed on Tuesday morning, the new patients were recorded in Ho Chi Minh City and the northern provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh.
In Bac Giang, the 28 new cases are related to clusters at its industrial parks. The 23 cases in HCMC are those who had had contact with previously confirmed patients.
Related: Vietnam largest city imposes social distancing for another two weeks over Covid concerns
Of the 19 cases in Bac Ninh, 14 are linked to clusters at two industrial parks, three are related to a hotspot in Dai Phuc Ward of Bac Ninh Town and one is associated with a previously confirmed Covid-19 patient. The source of transmission for another case is still unclear.
Seven weeks into the new wave, Vietnam has recorded local Covid-19 cases in 40 cities and provinces.
Bac Giang and Bac Ninh continued to suffer the highest number of infections, 4,194 and 1,379, followed by HCMC with 894.
Of the infected localities, 23 cities and provinces have gone for at least two weeks without recording any new cases, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam confirms another 48 domestic Covid-19 infections
- Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave crosses 6,000
- Vietnam detects 75 more local Covid-19 patients
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- Vietnam reports 82 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam detects 89 cases to local Covid tally
- Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave spreads to 37 of 63 cities and provinces
- The infection tally of Vietnam’s new Covid-19 wave rose to 1,678
- Vietnam logs another 95 domestic Covid-19 cases and one more death Sunday noon