Vietnam documented an additional 92 Covid-19 patients in the past 12 hours to 6 am on Monday, including 91 locally-infected cases, the Ministry of Health has reported.
Around 3,998 Covid-19 cases in Vietnam have been discharged from hospital.
According to the Ministry of Health, one Covid-19 case from abroad was reported in Tay Ninh Province. The patient, a 38-year-old man in Nghe An Province, entered Vietnam through Moc Bai International Border Gate in Tay Ninh on June 11. Two days later, he tested positive for Covid-19.
Related: Foreign visitors might be able to enter Vietnam with a vaccine passport
Of the domestic cases, 30 were found in HCM City, 23 from Bac Giang, 14 from Tien Giang, 10 from Ha Tinh, nine from Bac Ninh, four from Binh Duong and one from Bac Kan. Among those, 18 were detected outside quarantine or blocked sites in Ha Tinh, HCM City, Binh Duong and Tien Giang.
The two Covid-19 epicenters of Bac Ninh and Bac Giang have seen a fall in new infections.
By 6 am on Monday, Vietnam confirmed 8,993 locally-transmitted Covid-19 cases, including 7,423 recorded from April 27, and 1,637 from abroad.
Also read: Vietnam’s economy is expected to recover strongly. Here’s how
Twenty-one localities have gone through 14 days without any new infections, namely Yen Bai, Quang Ngai, Dong Nai, Nghe An, Quang Ninh, Quang Nam, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Nam Dinh, Hoa Binh, Tuyen Quang, Son La, Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa, Thai Nguyen, Hung Yen, Hai Phong, Gia Lai, Bac Lieu, Dien Bien and Danang.
Around 3,998 Covid-19 cases in Vietnam have been discharged from hospital. The country has confirmed 59 deaths related to the pandemic with the majority being the elderly and those with underlying medical conditions.
As of June 13, 1.49 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine had been administered nationwide, with a total of 55,265 people fully vaccinated with two shots, according to DTI News.
- Six fresh imported Covid-19 cases reported in Tay Ninh, Bac Ninh
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Vietnam has 36 more locally-infected Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam has 103 new COVID-19 cases to report on June 13 evening
- Ha Tinh, Tien Giang report first Covid-19 cases
- Health Ministry reports 59 fresh domestic, two imported Covid-19 cases
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon
- Vietnam reports five more imported Covid-19 infection cases
- New Covid-19 cases continue to surge in Bac Giang