Twenty provinces affected by the pandemic have now gone 14 days without any new infections.
After reporting 95 local Covid-19 cases in the morning, the Health Ministry just confirmed another 95 domestic Covid-19 cases Sunday noon, sending the tally of Vietnam’s fourth wave to 7,230 in over six weeks.
64 cases were recorded in Bac Giang, 26 in Ho Chi Minh City, four in Bac Ninh and one in Hanoi.
All cases in the northern province of Bac Giang are associated with outbreaks in quarantined areas and industrial parks, while those in its neighbor Bac Ninh are linked to outbreaks in Thuan Thanh and Dai Phuc districts.
Related: Vietnam recorded 95 local Covid-19 cases Sunday morning
Of the new cases in HCMC, 16 are close contacts of previously confirmed patients. The infection sources of the remaining 10 are still unknown.
The case in Hanoi is a 40-year-old man who had come into close contact with a previously confirmed patient and been quarantined.
There were 194 new COVID-19 cases detected in the country from Saturday evening to noon on Sunday, bringing the total number of patients to 10,435.
A 76- year-old man living in Bac Ninh Province, was reported to have died of COVID-related complications. The patient died early morning on Sunday at the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases. He is the 59th person to die with COVID-19 in Vietnam, Vietnam News reported.
As many as 3,827 patients have been given the all-clear so far, while the death toll rose to 59.
A total of 39 cities and provinces have recorded infections since the new wave started on April 27. But 29 of them have had none for at least 14 days.
Bac Giang has had the highest infections with 4,012 cases, followed by Bac Ninh with 1,327, HCMC with 745 and Hanoi with 459, according to VNExpress.
- Vietnam confirms another 50 domestic Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam reports another 48 domestic cases and first Covid death in Saigon
- Vietnam records another 15 new domestic Covid-19 infections on Sunday morning, total reaches 3,230
- Vietnam reports 82 more local Covid cases
- Vietnam logs 56 new COVID-19 cases by noon on Wednesday, total reaches 3,593
- Most of 66 new Covid cases recorded in HCMC on Thursday morning
- Vietnam announces 87 more local Covid-19 patients in Friday noon report
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 tally crosses 10,000 mark with 68 new local cases
- Vietnam detects 49 more local Covid cases