The COVID-19 Vaccine Fund has received donations and registered aid worth total over VND3.510 trillion since May 1.
NDO – The COVID-19 Vaccine Fund has received donations and registered aid worth total over VND3.510 trillion (nearly US$152.5 million) since May 1, as announced by the Vietnam Fatherland Front Central Committee (VFFCC) on June 11.
Out of all the donations, over VND648 billion (over US$28.1 billion) from 92 agencies, organistaions and individuals were donated and registered as donations to the Fund via the VFFCC.
According to preliminary statistics from the Fatherland Front Committees in 55 provinces and cities around the country, to date, they have received contributions of over VND2.8 trillion (over US$121.6 million).
Earlier on the same day, Secretary of the Party Central Committee and the VFFCC’s President, Do Van Chien, received support of VND500 million (over US$21,719) from the National Guard High Command under the Ministry of Public Security.
In addition, numerous agencies, businesses and individuals have contributed to the COVID-19 Vaccine Fund via the VFFCC including the Vietnam Association of Victims of Agent Orange (VND38 million), the Mai Viet Real Estate Joint Stock Company (VND150 million) and the Vietnam Full Gospel Church (VND860 million).
* On June 11, the Vice President of the Vietnam General Confederation of Labour (VGCL) received 25,000 face masks from Hoang Thi Kim Loan’s family in Hanoi to support workers.
Hoang Thi Kim Loan's family donates 25,000 face masks to workers. (Photo: NDO)
At the reception, Loan expressed her wish to join hands with the Party, State and Government to prevent and control the epidemic.
* Upholding the spirit of solidarity, the Overseas Vietnamese (OVs) community in the Czech Republic contributed a donation of VND500 million to Vietnam’s COVID-19 Vaccine Fund.
Chairman of Vietnamese Association in Czech Republic, Nguyen Duy Nhien, affirmed the contribution showed the OVs community’s hearts are in the homeland, dedicated to the cause of COVID-19 prevention and control.
Overseas Vietnamese in the UK and Northern Ireland give donations to Vietnam's COVID-19 prevention and control. (Photo: VNA)
* The Vietnamese Embassy in the UK and Northern Ireland held a ceremony on June 11 in London to mobilise support from the Overseas Vietnamese for the anti-epidemic fight in Vietnam.
- Donations to COVID-19 vaccine fund amount to US$5.08 trillion so far
- Donations to Covid-19 vaccines fund reaches 221.34 million USD by now
- Overseas Vietnamese donate over VND3 billion to COVID-19 fight
- VFF Central Committee allocates VND46 billion to fight against the pandemic
- Businesses’ donations to vaccine fund subject to no CIT
- More donations to COVID-19 vaccine fund
- More donations offered to COVID-19 fight
- National COVID-19 vaccine fund receives over 7.95 trillion VND
- Vaccine fund receives over US$ 11.68 million