Medical workers taking samples for COVID-19 testing in the northern province of Bac Giang. (Representational image).
NDO/VNA – Vietnam posted another 63 new locally transmitted COVID-19 cases in the past six hours to 6pm on June 11, pushing the national count to 9,980, according to the Ministry of Health.
Of the domestic cases, 27 were found in Bac Giang, 20 in Ho Chi Minh City, 15 in Bac Ninh, and one in Hanoi. Fifty-six of them were detected in quarantine or blocked sites.
As of 6 pm on June 11, the number of domestic and imported infections stood at 8,350 and 1,630, respectively. Of the total, 6,780 were recorded since the fourth wave of COVID-19 hit the country on April 27.
So far, a total of 3,804 patients have been given the all-clear from the coronavirus SARS-CoV-2, while the death toll stood at 57.
Among the active patients, 368 have tested negative for the virus once, 105 twice and 61 thrice.
Seventeen provinces have gone through 14 consecutive days without new cases. They are Yen Bai, Quang Ngai, Dong Nai, Nghe An, Quang Ninh, Quang Nam, Quang Tri, Thua Thien-Hue, Dak Lak, Nam Dinh, Hoa Binh, Tuyen Quang, Phu Tho, Son La, Ninh Binh, Thanh Hoa and Hung Yen.
- Additional 55 COVID-19 cases detected on June 8 afternoon
- Vietnam logs 79 domestic COVID-19 infections on June 3 afternoon
- One imported, 16 domestic cases of COVID-19 documented on May 10 afternoon
- Vietnam reports 50 new domestic COVID-19 cases
- 57 new domestic infections of COVID-19 logged on early March 25
- Vietnam logs 128 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam records 15 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam logs 142 new domestically-transmitted COVID-19 cases
- Vietnam reports 111 new COVID-19 cases