Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong speaks at the meeting. (Photo: NDO/Bac Van)
NDO/VNA – Party General Secretary Nguyen Phu Trong requested the entire political system to pay highest attention to COVID-19 prevention and control in the spirit of “fighting the pandemic like fighting the enemy” while chairing a Politburo meeting on this work in Hanoi on June 11.
Party General Secretary Trong said that since the pandemic broke out in early 2020, Party and State leaders and the National Steering Committee for COVID-19 Prevention and Control have made close and drastic directions, and mobilised the involvement of the entire political system in the fight.
He lauded the joint efforts made by agencies, localities, forces and organisations, the support and solidarity of Vietnamese people, as well as the assistance of foreign friends.
Noting that the pandemic is developing more complicatedly and unpredictably, the Party chief stressed the importance of maintaining high vigilance to prevent the pandemic from spreading and breaking out, and actively get measures and scenarios ready to promptly deal with any possible circumstances.
The Party committee of the Government should focus on directing and mobilising resources to accelerate the purchase and injection of COVID-19 vaccines, maintaining support for homegrown vaccine research and development, promoting international cooperation in pandemic prevention and control and vaccine supply, and quickly removing legal problems related to the selection and purchase of vaccines, he stated.
It is also necessary to strictly control entry into the country, ensure security and safety in important fields and regions and production areas which gather a large number of labourers, and strengthen the leadership, direction and governance over the implementation of socio-economic development solutions, he added.
- Party chief and President urges strengthened fight against corruption
- China’s Xi Jinping condoles on the passing of former Party General Secretary Le Kha Phieu
- Party leader: There is no room for opportunism in upcoming Party election
- Politburo holds working session with Central Public Security Party Committee
- Hanoi leadership must show bravery, unity: Party chief
- Top leader Nguyen Phu Trong re elected as Party General Secretary
- Vietnam, Laos continue coordination in the COVID-19 fight
- Party Central Committee’s 15th plenum ends earlier than expected
- Former Party chief Le Kha Phieu passes away, aged 89