Vietnamese Ambassador Tran Thanh Cong to Egypt (second, left) meets with Port Said Governor Adel e-Ghadban on June 9. (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Egypt’s coastal governorates of Damietta and Port Said want to beef up cooperation with Vietnam in various fields, including port services and logistics, heard the meetings of their governors with Vietnamese Ambassador Tran Thanh Cong on June 9.
Ambassador Cong and his entourage met with Port Said Governor e-Ghadban and Damietta Governor Manal Awad Mikhail to continue effectively enforcing agreements signed by the two countries.
The Vietnamese diplomat said Vietnam and Egypt have maintained a good relationship in wartime in the past and national construction at present. The bilateral ties have seen important progress over the previous years, particularly after the official visits made by the two countries’ leaders in 2017 and 2018, he said.
Briefing about Vietnam’s economic development and advantages alongside its incentives for investment attraction, he said Vietnam and Egypt have inked various documents and agreements to bolster the bilateral relations in economics, trade and investment.
Cong proposed the two sides to hold more seminars and trade promotion events to connect enterprises from both countries and help them explore the strengths of each other.
He also asked the Egyptian side to share experience in managing ports and logistics and to facilitate Vietnamese investors to do business in the two governorates.
Port Said Governor e-Ghadban expressed his hope the two sides step up partnership in port services, logistics, gas, fisheries, textile-garment, agriculture, road construction, tourism and culture.
Damietta Governor Manal Awad Mikhail, meanwhile, expected the two sides to enhance cooperation in port services, logistics, canned seafood, agriculture, timber production, medical equipment, textile-garment, cultural exchange.
Both of them welcomed Vietnamese firms to invest in the East Port Said and Damietta export processing zones.
- Vietnam, Egypt strive to move towards prosperity
- Vietnamese Embassies in Thailands, Egypt, and Laos to proactive provide assistances to Vietnamese citizens during COVID-19 pandemic
- Ba Ria – Vung Tau to develop modern seaports, logistics services
- Mini Thailand Week returns to Hai Phong
- Vietnam, US enjoy remarkable cooperation achievements since normalization of ties, Ambassador says
- Long An International Port to have more wharves
- One Vietnamese injured in Lebanon blast
- Vietnam presents friendship order to former S Korean Ambassador Lee Hyuk
- ASEAN Foreign Ministers issue statement expressing sympathies and condolences over Beirut port blast