An alley in HCMC’s Hoc Mon District is under lockdown due to Covid-19. A worker of Viet My Garment Company’s manufacturing facility in the district tested positive for Covid-19, following which 280 employees of the firm had to take a Covid-19 test today, June 9 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – A worker of Viet My Garment Company’s manufacturing facility in HCMC’s Hoc Mon District tested positive for Covid-19, following which 280 employees of the firm had to take a Covid-19 test on June 9, according to the Hoc Mon District Medical Center.
Among the 280 people, eight came into close contact with the virus-hit worker, who is under quarantine and medical treatment, reported Tuoi Tre newspaper.
The worker was found to be infected with the coronavirus as her neighborhood in Hoc Mon was linked to a previously confirmed coronavirus patient. The worker has been at home since June 7.
Earlier, a woman visited the Hoc Mon General Hospital on June 5 for a medical check-up. Through the health declaration process, she said she had a fever four days earlier and was thus quarantined temporarily at the hospital. Her Covid-19 test result came back positive on June 6.
The health authorities of Hoc Mon carried out contact tracing, disinfecting and locking down a road section where 16 local households with 82 people live. The forces also collected samples of an additional 282 residents for testing.
- Confirmed Covid case compels over 1,100 Pouyuen workers to stay at home
- Daughter of Covid-19 patient in HCMC’s District 3 tests positive
- Co-worker of COVID-19 patient in Ho Chi Minh City tests positive: health department
- Worker in Bac Giang dies of Covid-19
- Tra Vinh detects suspected Covid-19 case linked to HCMC religious sect
- Another HCMC hospital suspends operations due to Covid-19 case
- Woman found infected with Covid-19 after death
- Danang puts industrial park on lockdown as 30 Covid-19 cases detected
- HCMC locks down alley in District 3 as new Covid-19 case found
- HCDC reports 18 new suspected Covid-19 cases, including medical worker