A medical worker takes samples from a man for Covid-19 testing. The HCMC Department of Health has sent a dispatch to hospitals citywide asking them to test all the people who visit the hospitals for a medical checkup, but show symptoms of a fever, cough and sore throat - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC - The HCMC Department of Health has sent a dispatch to hospitals citywide asking them to test everyone who visits the hospitals for a medical checkup and shows symptoms of a fever, cough, sore throat and changes in their sense of smell and taste.
The Covid-19 test is aimed at avoiding missing any Covid-19 case and ensuring safety while transporting Covid-19 patients as the risk of infections in the city remains high, Tang Chi Thuong, deputy director of the municipal department, said in the dispatch.
The hospitals under the HCMC Health Department have admitted and treated over 500 Covid-19 patients and the number of patients is expected to continue rising, according to the department.
Besides, people in Go Vap District or District 12’s Thanh Loc Ward, which are practicing social distancing in line with the Prime Minister’s Directive 16, must get tested when they visit hospitals or healthcare centers for a health examination.
After detecting a Covid-19 patient, hospitals must ensure safety during the process of transferring the patient who is required to undergo RT-PCR testing to other hospitals eligible for treatment.
Apart from sending staff to quarantine areas to monitor and take care of patients, the hospitals were also told to regularly hold training courses for their employees, the local media reported.
- HCMC residents buying cough, fever medicines have to declare health status
- HCMC asks all hospitals to test employees, patients, caregivers for Covid-19
- HCMC to buy 300,000 Covid-19 test kits
- HCMC: Nine hospitals to treat patients in quarantine
- Major hospitals asked to improve Covid-19 testing
- HCMC to start receiving stranded tourists in Da Nang City from August 12
- Over 80% Covid-19 patients in VN show mild symptoms and recover on their own
- Vietnam’s Covid-19 infections jump by 31
- Da Nang to test 3,000 high-risk individuals for coronavirus