Russia has started a process to consider transferring the technology behind the Sputnik V vaccine to Vietnam, said Valentina Matvienko, chairwoman of the Federation Council, in a phone call with Chairman of the National Assembly Vương Đình Hue yesterday.
The chairman thanked Russia for donating 1,000 Sputnik V vaccines and a recent deal to help the country secure an additional 20 million doses.
The two sides have also worked around the clock to deliver more vaccines from Russia to Viet Nam.
The leaders stressed the importance of Viet Nam-Russia bilateral ties and the time-honored friendship. The two countries continue exchanges of high-level delegates and share experience in law-making and military ties following a Cooperation Agreement signed in 2012.
The two sides agreed to continue to work together within regional and international organizations, especially the United Nations.
Economic ties between the two countries have been made stronger after the signing of the Eurasian Economic Union, with two-way trade in 2020 reaching US$4.85 billion, a 9 percent increase from the previous year.
According to Vietnam News, oil and energy remained key sectors within Vietnam-Russia cooperation and military, education, science and technology, and travel.
The new patients were recorded in neighboring provinces of Bac Giang and Bac Ninh.
Bac Giang registered 24 cases while Bac Ninh 17, and they are all associated with ongoing clusters at the two’s industrial parks.
They have already been quarantined in centralized camps or stayed in residential areas under isolation before the test results.
Since the new wave started on April 27, local cases have been recorded in 39 cities and provinces, with Bac Giang and Bac Ninh accounting for the most infections, at 3,333 and 1,164.
HCMC follows them with 461 and Hanoi with 441, including 95 cases in a hospital under lockdown, the VNExpress reported.
- Russia names its first COVID-19 vaccine ‘Sputnik V’
- Russia to supply 20 million doses of Covid-19 vaccine to Vietnam
- Vietnam receives 1,000 doses of Russia-made Sputnik V vaccine
- Russia approves 2nd coronavirus vaccine
- Vietnam seeks cooperate with Russia in Covid 19 vaccine production
- Russia to discuss Sputnik-V production cooperation with Vietnam
- Vietnam to produce Russian Sputnik V vaccine this year
- Russia s Sputnik V is over 90 percent effective
- Vietnam to buy 30 million doses of COVID-19 vaccine from UK