- Visit Vietnam Insider’s homepage for more stories
Vietnam confirmed 55 more Covid-19 infections as of Tuesday evening, raising the daily counts to 175 and the total number of patients in the country to 9,158 the Ministry of Health has reported.
The 21 cases in Bac Giang were recorded at some industrial parks of Van Trung, Dinh Tram, Song Khe-Noi Hoang, and Quang Chau which have reported a large outbreak over the last few weeks.
As of Tuesday evening, 6,003 locally-transmitted cases have been reported since the new outbreak occurred in the country on April 27, including 3,309 in the virus epicentre of Bac Giang. The outbreak has so far spread to 39 cities and provinces nationwide.
Two imported patients are both Vietnamese people who recently returned from abroad. They were sent to a quarantine area in An Giang Province upon arrival and are now being treated at a local hospital.
With these new infection cases, the number of Covid-19 patients in Vietnam has increased to 9,158 including 7,573 locally-transmitted cases.
As of 6 pm on June 8, a total of 3,549 Covid-19 patients had recovered and been discharged from hospital.
So far there have been 55 deaths, most of them being the elderly with serious underlying diseases.
At present, over 176,000 people who had close contact with Covid-19 patients or returned from virus-hit areas are being monitored at hospitals, quarantine facilities, and at home.
On June 7, an additional 87,016 people were given Covid-19 vaccine in Vietnam, raising the total number of vaccine doses used in the country to 1,340,098. The number of people who have received two doses has risen to 38,166.
This article was originally published in dtinews
- Vietnam reports 96 more Covid-19 cases, Monday counts reach 187
- Vietnam detects 92 more Covid-19 patients in Monday noon report
- Vietnam reports 40 more cases and 45th Covid-19 death
- Vietnam confirms 152 more Covid-19 patients, total tally rises to 6,316
- Vietnam detects 102 new Covid-19 patients in Thursday noon
- 30 more Covid-19 patients reported on Friday morning
- Vietnam annouces 109 more locally-transmitted Covid-19 patients on Monday morning
- Vietnam confirms 57 local Covid-19 cases
- Vietnam records biggest single-day rise in Covid-19 cases