A Covid-19 patient is under treatment at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases. A woman died on the way from the Go Vap District Hospital to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases, and was later found to be infected with Covid-19 - PHOTO: HCMC HOSPITAL FOR TROPICAL DISEASES
HCMC – A 57-year-old woman in HCMC’s Go Vap District, who died on the way from the Go Vap District Hospital to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases, was later found to be infected with Covid-19.
The woman, residing on Thong Nhat Street, Ward 15, Go Vap District, was taken to the Go Vap District Hospital at 12 p.m. on June 7 due to respiratory failure, pneumonia and multi-organ failure. She also suffered from high blood pressure and diabetes, the local media reported.
After the Go Vap District Hospital held a consultation with the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases, the patient was intubated but she became worse and her heart once stopped beating. She was transferred to the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases at 6 p.m. on the same day and died on the way.
She had her sample taken for Covid-19 testing when she was admitted to the Go Vap District Hospital and after she died, the test result showed she was positive for the coronavirus. The case has yet to be confirmed by the Ministry of Health.
She developed symptoms of cough and fever a week ago but bought medicines to treat herself at home.
The deceased’s husband has also tested positive for Covid-19 and is being treated at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
- HCMC hospital rejects Covid-19 death rumor
- Hanoi woman tested positive again for Covid-19 after released from hospital
- Eight new Covid-19 cases detected at National Hospital for Tropical Diseases
- One more patient dies of Covid-19
- One Covid-19 patient dies
- Covid-19 patient with liver cancer dies
- Daughter of Covid-19 patient in HCMC’s District 3 tests positive
- HCMC plans to build 1,000-bed field hospital
- HCMC locks down potentially Covid-infected alleyway