Soldiers spray disinfectants in an area under lockdown in Ha Tinh City. Ha Tinh Province decided to begin social distancing in Ha Tinh City from 12.00 p.m. today, June 8, until further notice, in line with the Prime Minister’s Directive 16 - PHOTO: TNO
HCMC - Since the 10th local Covid-19 infection was reported in Ha Tinh Province, the provincial government has decided to begin social distancing in Ha Tinh City from 12.00 p.m. today, June 8, until further notice.
The social distancing order is in line with the Prime Minister’s Directive 16. All the 15 communes and wards in the city, with a total of 25,516 households, are affected by the order, which requires households, villages, communes and wards to maintain a distance from each other, the local media reported.
During the period, residents have been asked to refrain from going out except to buy food, medicines and other necessities, avoid gatherings of more than two persons and stay at least two meters apart.
As of 9.00 a.m. on the same day, Ha Tinh Province had confirmed 10 domestic cases in the current fourth wave of the coronavirus in Vietnam, with the latest infection identified as a 57-year-old employee of the Ha Tinh General Hospital. He was detected through the hospital’s Covid-19 screening and testing routine.
Competent forces quickly locked down the hospital and disinfected it and other areas under lockdown.
The province has also suspended conferences, events and seminars that attract many people, except the meetings of the steering committees of Covid-19 infection prevention and control with the participation of not more than 50 persons.
Religious events and activities and wedding parties must be suspended to contain the spread of Covid-19.
- HCMC to begin social distancing tomorrow
- Bac Ninh City implements social distancing
- Several districts in Long An begin social distancing
- Quang Ngai begins social distancing
- Bac Ninh asks residents to stay home after 8:00 p.m.
- Another golf course in Vietnam fined for violating social distancing rules
- Ha Tinh, Quang Nam suspend interprovincial passenger coaches
- Breaking: Vietnam’s HCMC imposes social distancing measures over
- Quang Ngai’s hamlet of over 200 residents put under lockdown