Doctors of the Dong Anh Campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases in Hanoi take care of a Covid-19 patient in critical condition. Many Covid-19 patients are in critical condition - PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – Among the 6,400 Covid-19 patients under treatment, 60% have showed mild clinical symptoms, while 106 others might get worse, including 82 very critical and three possibly fatal.
According to the subcommittee of treatment under the national steering committee for Covid-19 infection prevention and control, nine patients have been put on extracorporeal membrane oxygenation machines, including four at the Dong Anh Campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases, two at each of the Bac Giang Lung Hospital and the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases, and one at the Danang Lung Hospital.
The subcommittee said that the patients are receiving treatment at 106 medical centers nationwide. The northern province of Bac Giang is treating the largest number of patients, at over 3,100, news site Vietnamplus reported.
Meanwhile, 258 patients are under treatment at the HCMC Hospital for Tropical Diseases and 236 at the Dong Anh Campus of the National Hospital for Tropical Diseases.
In addition, 363 patients have tested negative for the coronavirus one to three times.
Leading experts have frequently held telehealth consultations to give guidelines on the treatment of severe cases, helping save many critical patients.
Associate Professor Dr Luong Ngoc Khue, director of the Health Ministry’s Department of Medical Examination and Treatment and deputy head of the treatment subcommittee, said patients in mild condition should have their physical stature improved and infection controlled.
- Five Covid-19 patients put on ECMO machines
- COVID-19: 13 patients in critical condition
- Four COVID-19 patients at Hanoi hospital turn critical
- Only 15 active COVID-19 patients undergoing treatment in Vietnam
- Many Covid-19 patients in Vietnam are in critical condition
- Nine more COVID-19 patients recover
- July 30: Vietnam confirms five more Covid-19 patients, 464 in total
- More COVID-19 patients recover, including 10-year-old girl
- HCMC hospital rejects Covid-19 death rumor