F&B stores on a street in Danang are closed in line with the authorities’ regulations due to Covid-19. The municipal government’s office put forward a draft document relaxing Covid-19 preventive measures starting from June 9 – PHOTO: VNA
HCMC – As the central city of Danang has reported no fresh local infection of Covid-19 over the past 20 days, the city government intends to relax anti-virus measures starting from June 9, including allowing eateries to offer indoor dining.
Speaking at an anti-Covid-19 meeting on June 7, the office of the Danang People's Committee suggested allowing hair salons to re-open while beauty spas continue to remain closed. In addition, local beaches would reopen and local residents could join outdoor sports activities but have to avoid close contact with each other.
Further, gatherings of less than 20 people in public places could be allowed, while State agencies and companies could be back to work as normal. The city’s Department of Education and Training needs to work out back-to-school measures for students. Other activities will remain shut.
Speaking at the meeting, Nguyen Van Quang, Secretary of the municipal Party Committee, requested the city’s departments and agencies to continue staying on high alert.
Although the city has reported no new domestic infections for 20 days, the disease could break out anytime, he added.
Quang approved the municipal government’s suggestions on easing anti-Covid-19 measures. He asked the city’s government to collect feedback from the relevant agencies before issuing guidelines to relax the anti-virus measures.
- Hotels, restaurants reopen in Danang as social distancing eases
- 36 new Covid-19 infections confirmed in HCMC’s new cluster
- Danang bans gatherings of over five persons in public
- Long An suspends passenger transport while Danang closely watches IPs
- Hanoi to monitor people returning from Danang following Covid-19 outbreak
- Danang imposes ban on beach swimming, events to prevent Covid-19 wave
- Vietnam city imposes social distancing after first local infections in months
- Vietnam cuts all passenger transport services to and from Danang to curb virus spread
- Danang shuts down field hospital at indoor stadium