Many organizations and partners of the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations (VUFO) donated to support the Covid-19 Prevention and Control Fund
Vietnam Times representative hands over the donation to VUFO President Nguyen Phuong Nga. Source: Tuan Viet/VUFO
Many organizations and partners have to raise funds for Vietnam's national Covid-19 vaccine fund in response to the call of the VUFO.
The total amount collected is VND 360 million (USD 15,600). Their representatives have come to VUFO's headquarters to hand over the donations to support the fund on June 7.
Last week, VUFO and its trade union launched a campaign to raise funds for the anti-pandemic effort, calling each officials and employees to contribute and support the prevention and control of the Covid-19 pandemic.
Each official and employees have donated at least one day's salary to support the pandemic prevention and control.
Speaking at ceremony, Chairwoman of the VUFO's trade union Nguyen Thi Thu Giang emphasized that, in order to join hands and contribute to the country at a time of difficulties, VUFO and its trade union ask officials and employees show patriotism, act responsibly for the country as the call of President Nguyen Xuan Phuc; continue to uphold the spirit of vigilance against the pandemic, mastering the spirit of 'fighting the epidemic is like fighting the enemy' to realize the dual goals and fulfill the political tasks of the friendship union.
Immediately after the ceremony, the call immediately received the attention and participation of officials and employees of the friendship union as well as a number of member organizations.
They donated more than VND 100 million (USD 4,300) to fight off the virus.
Donations in cash and kind or medical supplies will be presented to the Central Committee of the Vietnam Fatherland Front.
Member organizations of the Vietnam Union of Friendship Organizations (VUFO) donates to the anti-pandemic effort. Source: Tuan Viet/VUFO
Vietnam documented 44 new Covid-19 cases in the past 12 hours to 6 am on June 8, including one imported case, reported VNA.
The 43 studied-transmitted cases, including 22 in Bac Giang, six in Bac Ninh and 15 in Ho Chi Minh City, were all detected in quarantined or locked-down areas, according to the Health Ministry.
The imported case has been sent to quarantine right upon arrival in the central province of Quang Nam.
To date, Vietnam has found 7,445 imported-transmitted and 1,582 cases. The number of cases detected since April 27 when the fourth wave of the pandemic began in the country is 5,875.
The number of recoveries is 3,509, while the number of deaths stands at 53.
- Friendship association provides aid for Cambodia to fight COVID-19
- Vietnam Laos Friendship Association offers more support to help Laos fight Covid 19
- VUFO Friendship Association offers 200 000 in aid to Cambodia s Covid 19 fight
- VUFO President receives newly appointed Thailand Ambassador to Vietnam
- VUFO President and Pakistan Ambassador discuss plans to promote bilateral relations
- Newly appointed Singaporean Ambassador to pay a courtesy visit to the VUFO President
- Newly appointed Ambassadors of the Republic of the Philippines to pay a courtesy visit to the VUFO President
- VUFO: Ensuring the payroll, policies, funding and working conditions to officials”
- VUFO NGO support Covid 19 fight in Bac Ninh hotspot