Thai Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce Jurin Laksanawisit (R) and Vietnamese Ambassador to Thailand Phan Chi Thanh (Photo: VNA)
NDO/VNA – Thai Deputy Prime Minister and Minister of Commerce Jurin Laksanawisit has affirmed that economic, trade and investment cooperation between Thailand and Vietnam is flourishing with bilateral trade in the first four months of 2021 increasing by 20 percent year-on-year despite the COVID-19 pandemic.
Jurin made the statement at a reception on June 7 for newly-appointed Vietnamese Ambassador to Thailand Phan Chi Thanh, during which the Thai Deputy PM affirmed his desire to further expand the bilateral relations.
He highly valued the traditional friendship and strategic partnership between the two countries. Vietnam and Thailand are celebrating the 45th anniversary of diplomatic ties in this year.
He suggested the two sides closely coordinate to resolve technical issues relating to import and export between the two countries, towards lifting the two-way trade to US$25 billion by 2025.
Jurin agreed to promote the early organisation of the Vietnam - Thailand Joint Trade Committee co-chaired by the two countries’ trade ministers.
For his part, Ambassador Thanh affirmed that he will coordinate with Thai agencies to further promote the Vietnam - Thailand Strategic Partnership.
He highlighted fruitful development of the relations between the two sides in all fields, especially in trade and investment, saying that Thai investors have trusted to choose Vietnam as a long-term investment destination.
Thanh affirmed that the Vietnamese Embassy in Thailand will work closely with ministries and sectors of both sides to create favourable conditions for Thai investors to do business in Vietnam.
- Thailand ready to sign RCEP in mid-November
- Vietnam, Thailand look to raise trade to US$25 billion
- VUFO President receives newly appointed Thailand Ambassador to Vietnam
- Mini Thailand Week returns to Hai Phong
- Two way trade between Vietnam and Thailand strives for USD 25 billion by 2025
- Top Thai Brands 2020 exhibition opens in Hanoi
- Thailand denies monkeys abused to harvest coconut products
- Top Thai Brands 2020 reboots business connection between VN, Thailand after pandemic
- The RCEP Agreement was signed online this week