A health worker takes samples from a resident in HCMC's Go Vap District for testing. The coronavirus clusters in HCMC have been brought under control, Director of the municipal Health Department Nguyen Tan Binh told an online meeting today, June 7 - PHOTO: NLDO
HCMC - After seven days of social distancing, daily Covid-19 cases in HCMC are in decline, proving that the coronavirus clusters in the city have been brought under control, Director of the HCMC Health Department Nguyen Tan Binh told an online anti-virus meeting today, June 7.
However, Binh said at the meeting with the city’s anti-Covid-19 steering committee that the quarantine centers and areas on lockdown will continue to see 40-45 new daily cases in the coming days.
Though the city has detected few cases whose sources of infection remain unknown, the risk of community spread is low during the social distancing period, Binh said.
These cases might be due to the disease having earlier spread in the community during the recent holidays, when Vietnamese traveled to many places and came into contact with many people.
As such, it is necessary to call on residents to make health declarations to promptly detect Covid-19 cases and stop the disease spreading, the local media reported.
Since May 26, the city has reported 362 domestic cases, which are linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission infection cluster. The outbreak from the cluster has spread to most of the districts in HCMC, including Sheraton Hotel in District 1, Trung Nguyen Coffee Shop in Tan Binh District, Kid Town Kindergarten in District 12 and a boarding house in Go Vap District’s Duong Quang Ham Street.
In addition, 37 infections detected at the IDS Vision Solution Development Company in Tan Phu District were linked to the cluster, while the Thien tu FN Service Investment Company cluster reported 91 cases, which are linked to the Revival Ekklesia Mission cluster.
- 51 new Covid-19 infections detected in HCMC
- Single-day Covid-19 tally surpasses 200 for 11th consecutive day
- HCMC quarantines six cases linked to 1,553rd Covid-19 patient
- HCMC to buy 300,000 Covid-19 test kits
- Ho Chi Minh city to conduct large scale coronavirus testing
- Bac Giang accounts for most of Vietnam’s new coronavirus infections
- 21 fresh community-transmitted Covid-19 cases reported
- Vietnam sees 50 new domestic Covid-19 infections
- 40 more domestic, five imported Covid-19 cases reported