Design of Long Thanh International Airport (Illustrative image)
NDO/VNA - The People’s Committee of Dong Nai province has approved investment plans for four local roads, most of which are directly connected to Long Thanh International Airport - a driving force for investment and economic development in the southern region.
Investment in those projects is expected to hit more than VND 7 trillion (US$ 304.3 million), excluding site clearance costs.
The provincial People’s Committee has assigned relevant units to prepare pre-feasibility studies, propose investment plans, review demand for land use and estimate compensation and clearance costs.
Capital for the road construction will be taken from the budget and the land funds along the two sides of the roads. The province has requested relevant districts coordinate with units involved to exploit the land funds and put potential land lots up for bidding.
Construction of the four roads will be conducted during 2021-2025.
Chairman of the provincial People’s Committee Cao Tien Dung said demand for transport connectivity in Dong Nai is a pressing matter as the airport is now under construction and is expected to be put into operation in 2025.
Roads directly or indirectly linked to Long Thanh will play an important role in the province’s development, as they can help bring into full play opportunities brought about by the airport.
The airport will be built in three phases over three decades, and is expected to become the country’s largest.
In the first phase, one runway with a length of 4,000 metres, taxiways, an apron, and a passenger terminal with other auxiliary works sprawling 373,000 sq.m will be built to serve 25 million passengers and handle 1.2 million tonnes of cargo each year.
The airport is designed to have four runways, four passenger terminals, and other auxiliary facilities to ensure a capacity of 100 million passengers and 5 million tonnes of cargo a year by 2040.
Covering a total area of more than 5,580ha, the airport will straddle six communes in Long Thanh district. It is expected to cost VND 336.63 trillion (US$ 14.5 billion), with the first phase requiring over VND 109 trillion.
- DN urged to speed up land clearance to start construction of Long Thanh Airport
- Dong Nai basically completes ground clearance for first phase of Long Thanh airport
- Land for Long Thanh Airport project handed over in Dong Nai
- New $200 mln roads proposed for Long Thanh Airport
- Ground handover for Phase 1 of Long Thanh Airport to take place on October 20
- Dong Nai is about to hand over the premises of the priority area to build Long Thanh airport
- Nearly VND6.8 trillion proposed for five roads leading to Long Thanh airport
- Long Thanh Airport: Delayed progress because it was unable to select a qualified contractor for the resettlement site
- Long Thanh Airport started construction in 2021